The work performed under this contract consisted of the rehabilitation, removal and installation of a new 48-inch ductile iron pipe (DIP) designated as Pipeline Section 107 including appurtenant devices and structures.
The work included performing all operations necessary for the following major items of work:
- Cleaning and cement mortar lining of approximately 1,000 linear feet of 24-inch cast iron pipe (Pipeline Sections 21 &43)
- Cleaning and cement mortar lining of approximately 1,500 linear feet of 48-inch steel pipe (Pipeline Section 22)
- Installation of approximately 450 linear feet of 24-inch DIP (pipeline Section 107)
- Installation of approximately 9,400 linear feet pipe of 48-inch DIP (Pipeline Section 107)
- Installation of a new interconnection between Pipeline Sections 21, 43, 22 and 107.
- Replacement of revenue Meters 27, 51 and 107.
- Installation of approximately 10,500 linear feet of 6-, 8-, 10-, and 12-inch ductile iron pipe (Milton Water Main)
- Initial dewatering of the pipes prior to work on pipeline and appurtenances, refilling the pipes, pressure/leakage testing, disinfections, dechlorination and flushing of the completed pipes.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority
Black & Veatch