The work included the installation of pipelines and replacement of a meter in Arlington, and replacement of a valve in Medford. The following is a list of major items of work:
- Removal of existing water mains, valves, piping and manholes.
- Removal and testing existing Meter 86 venturi tube.
- Furnishing and installing by open-cut:
- 54-inch steel water main, two 54-inch butterfly valves and chambers, and 54-inch interconnection.
- 1,240 feet of 36-inch D.I. water main.
- 5,065 feet of 24-inch ductile iron water main
- 2,340 feet of 8-inch and 12-inch D.I. water mains.
- 2,450 feet of 8-inch sanitary sewer including connection of existing sanitary service lines and installation of new sewer manholes.
- Furnishing and installing a new meter venturi in an underground chamber with electrical and communications equipment and all appurtenant work.
- Furnishing and installing valves, precast valve chambers, air valves, blow-off assemblies and all appurtenant work.
- Removal and replacement of 12-inch, 15-inch and 24-inch drain pipes at various locations and installation of new storm drain manholes.
- Removal and replacement of all water and sewer laterals exposed in open excavations.
- Removal, handling, transportation and disposal of rock, contaminated soil.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority